The Newport-Mesa-Irvine (CA) Branch of AAUW offers a variety of monthly activities for our members and raises funds for girls’ education, such as our local Tech Trek program. We’re a friendly group of women who strive to make a difference for girls and women in our community and have fun while doing it. Come join us!
Annual Holiday Luncheon
Sunday, December 8th | 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
18482 MacArthur Blvd. | Irvine, CA
Please join us for our annual holiday luncheon, this year at Gulliver’s Restaurant on Sunday, December 8th at 11:30 a.m. We’re having a champagne and hors d’oeuvres reception with carolers, live music, and door prizes. Main course options include prime rib, chicken, king salmon, ahi salad, and a vegetarian dish.
The fee is $65 per person and you must RSVP by November 30th. Check this month’s Voyager newsletter for details on how to sign up. We hope to see you there! 🎉🍾
Give a Grad a Gift: A Free and Easy Way to Help Grow Our Organization
Give a Grad a Gift and introduce a recent graduate to the resources AAUW has to offer. As an AAUW member, you can gift one year of AAUW-NMI membership to as many recent college graduates as you like at no cost to them or you.
We all know that the future of our organization depends on today’s graduates, so we need you to introduce AAUW to them. Here’s how you can share AAUW with recent grads.
- Identify recent college or university graduates in your networks.
These graduates can be people you know or strangers!
- Anyone who has completed their undergraduate degree in the past two years is eligible to receive one free membership from an AAUW member.
- Collect their information. You’ll need to know the mailing address, phone number, email, and alma mater of each of these future AAUW members.
- Send the information to Selma Mann at email@example.com. Or you may fill out the handy online form at https://www.aauw.org/resource/give-a-grad-a-gift/.
- If you choose the online form, please inform Selma so we may welcome your graduate into our branch.
- Voilà! Welcome, new AAUW members. Hello, future of AAUW.
It’s a win-win situation. Giving a grad the gift of AAUW membership costs nothing for you or for them — and is rewarding for you both!
Get Involved with Interest Groups
In addition to our regular meetings and programs, AAUW NMI also sponsors numerous interest groups. These smaller groups are a great opportunity to get to know other members and form long-term friendships.
Current active groups include: Book Group, Cercle Français (French), Movie and Lunch Bunch, Theater Group, Adventures in Dining, and Out and About (visits to local attractions).Learn More About Interest Groups
AAUW NMI Now Has a Facebook Page
We now have a Facebook page for our branch! In addition to communicating with our own branch members, our page will help us connect with other AAUW branches as well as potential new members, sponsors, donors, and community organizations.
Here’s how to like our page and get our posts in your Facebook newsfeed:
- Navigate to https://www.facebook.com/aauwnmi.
- Click the Like button to like the page.
- Hover over the Following button and click the pencil icon next to Notifications.
- Select Standard. This tells Facebook you want to see posts from our page on your newsfeed.
- Click Done to close the dialog box.
Once you’ve done this, you can like, share, and comment on your favorite posts to help support our branch.
Help Us Support Girls’ Education
Learn More About Tech Trek
AAUW strives to give girls the opportunity for higher education, rewarding careers, and equal pay. One way our branch supports this in our local community is by sponsoring middle school girls to attend the annual Tech Trek program at UCI for STEM education.